Chettinad Idiyappam Recipe
The Idiyappam Recipe is a delicately made spicy dish. String hoppers are sauteed along with chilli paste and fresh vegetables. As the string hoppers are made of rice, this dish is gluten free . It is also a vegan dish and is so light on the stomach. Serve the Chettinad Idiyappam Recipe with coconut chutney or tomato chutney for a healthy wholesome breakfast, but they taste delicious even without any accompaniments.
Some more Idiyappam recipes that you can try are:
- 300 grams Idiyappam , soaked in hot water, drained and set aside
- 10 Shallots , halved
- 2 Fresh Red Chilli , adjust according to heat of the chillies, crush them to a paste using mortar and pestle
- 1/2 Carrot (Gajjar) , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , thinly sliced
- 1/4 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , or yellow, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , shredded
- 3 cloves Garlic , grated
- 1/2 inch Ginger , grated
- 2 teaspoons Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- Salt , to taste For garnish :
- Spring Onion Greens , finely chopped
How to make Chettinad Idiyappam Recipe
To begin making the Chettinad Idiyappam Recipe, heat a pan with oil add the grated ginger and garlic .
Stir well for 30 seconds on low flame and then add the shallots.
Saute the onions till they turn transparent and then stir in the vegetables.
Add chilli paste, salt and fry them over low to medium flame till they are fork tender.
Now add the cooked idiappam and toss them together over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
Switch off and garnish with the greens of spring onion.