Vegetables in Schezwan Chilli Garlic Sauce Recipe - Indo Chinese Dish
Give this lip smacking spicy Vegetables in Schezwan Chilli Garlic Sauce Recipe a try for a weekend lunch or dinner. All it takes is 20 minutes which you can serve along with fried rice or hakka noodles to make a complete and satisfying meal.
The Vegetables in Schezwan Chilli Garlic Sauce Recipe is a lip smacking gravy that is made with a simple combination of seasonal vegetables like cauliflower, capsicum, carrots, ginger, garlic, spring onions cooked in a sweet and spicy soya chilli sauce. Schezwan sauce is spicy and you can adjust the level of spiciness in this recipe by adjust the amount of schezwan sauce you add to the recipe.
If you like Indo Chinese you must try our favorites
- 1 tablespoon Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- 2 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 4 Dry Red Chillies , broken
- 2 Stalks Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , cut into wedges
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , cut into dices
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , cut into dices
- 1 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , cut into florets
- 1 Carrots (Gajjar) , cut into slices For the schezwan sauce
- 2 tablespoons Corn flour
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 3 tablespoons Schezwan sauce
- Salt , to taste For garnish
- 2 Stalks Spring Onion Greens , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali)
How to make Vegetables in Schezwan Chilli Garlic Sauce Recipe - Indo Chinese Dish
To begin making Indo Chinese Mixed Vegetables In Szechuan Sauce, prep all the ingredients and keep ready.
In a mixing bowl, add the corn flour, schezwan sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and 1/4 cup of water. Whisk to make a smooth mixture and keep aside.
In a wok, add a teaspoon of oil, add the dry red chillies, ginger, garlic, spring onion bulb and saute for a few seconds. Add the remaining vegetables, sprinkle some salt and stir fry until the vegetables are just about cooked.
Add in the sauce mixture and keep stirring the sauce in the vegetable until the sauce thickens.
Add water if required to adjust the consistency of the sauce. Give the Vegetables in Schezwan Chilli Garlic Sauce a brisk boil. Once done, check the taste and adjust by adding additional chilli sauce if required or even salt.
Once done, turn off the heat, transfer the Vegetables in Schezwan Chilli Garlic Sauce into a serving bowl and serve hot.