Kasuri Methi Aur Aloo Rasedar Recipe
Kasuri Methi Aur Aloo Rasedar Recipe is an easy to make potato dish with the goodness of dried fenugreek leaves. It is spicy and tangy making it a perfect accompaniment to be had with parathas or puri's. The dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) adds a wonderful flavour to the dish. This recipe doesn't have onion or garlic, hence can also be consumed during the fasts. Serve the Kasuri Methi Aur Aloo Rasedar Recipe along with Parathas or Puri's for the weekend brunch.
Here's more you can cook with potatoes
- 2 cups Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and roughly mashed
- 1 cup Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Ginger , grated and ground
- 2 Green Chillies , slit
- 2 tablespoons Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) , (adjust)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Salt , to taste
How to make Kasuri Methi Aur Aloo Rasedar Recipe
To begin making Kasuri Methi Aur Aloo Rasedar Recipe, first boil the potatoes using a pressure cooker. Once done, peel and roughly mash the potatoes keep a few pieces intact.
Heat ghee in a wok on medium heat, add cumin seeds, fennel and methi seeds and let it splutter.
Add the dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi), and let its aroma release into the oil.
Add the ginger paste, slit green chillies and saute until the raw smell goes away.
Add the chopped tomatoes and saute until its half cooked.
Add the coriander, turmeric, cumin and red chilli powder and saute for 2 minutes.
Now, add the roughly mashed potatoes and two cups of water and mix well.
Season with salt, aamchoor powder and simmer the mixture for 5 to 6 minutes.
Once the gravy comes together and reaches your desired consistency, switch off the flame.
Garnish with a teaspoon of kasuri methi and serve the Kasuri Methi Aur Aloo Rasedar Recipe along with Parathas or Puri's for the weekend brunch.