Khakra Chaat Recipe
Khakra Chaat Recipe is a chaat made with whole wheat flour flatbread topped with healthy crunchy green moong sprouts, tomatoes and cucumbers. Make this refreshing chaat for an evening snack or as a party appetizer.
Khakras are very popular as a snack in a Gujarati home and are now readily available in the market. They are made from of thinly rolled out flavoured whole wheat dough called Theplas that are made crisp over an iron skillet. Topping the crisp flat bread with fresh salad ingredients makes a very refreshing snack.
If you like chaats, then you can try some of our other classic recipes :
- 4 Homemade Whole Wheat Khakras
- 1/4 cup Green Chutney (Coriander & Mint)
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chutney (Date & Tamarind)
- 1/4 cup Sev For Topping
- 1/4 cup Green Moong Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cucumber , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make Khakra Chaat Recipe
To begin making Khakra Chaat Recipe, in a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the topping and set aside.
Place the khakra pieces on a serving plate.
Sprinkle the salad mixture evenly on the khakra.