Kothu Kari Kuzhambu Recipe - Mutton Keema Curry
Kothu Kari Kuzhambu Recipe is a lip smacking, mutton keema curry that that be put together in a jiffy with not much of preparation. Great to be served with rice, idli or even dosas.
Kothu Kari Kuzhambu Recipe is a robust mutton keema curry made Tamil Nadu style, with whole spices like bay leaf and star anise which give out bold flavours.
The recipe simply calls for roughly chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic which make the base of the keema curry. Cooking the mutton keema in this base along with some everyday dry masalas in a pressure cooker brings out all the flavors at once.
Try our Mutton Recipes :
- 300 grams Mutton Kheema
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Star anise
- 2 Dagad phool (/pathar phool/black stone flower)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 2 Onions , finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 1/4 Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Kothu Kari Kuzhambu Recipe - Mutton Keema Curry
To begin making the Kothu Kari Kuzhambu Recipe/ Mutton Keema Curry, in a pressure cooker, heat oil on medium flame.
Once the oil is hot, add in all the whole spices - bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms, star anise, stone flower petals and allow it to sizzle.
To this add the ginger, garlic and green chilli. Next add in the onions and cook until transparent.
Once the onions are well cooked, add in the tomatoes and cook until mushy.
Once the onion-tomato mix has come together, add in the spices - red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, coriander leaves, mint leaves, mutton keema and salt to taste.
Mix well and close the pressure cooker. Pressure cook the Kothu Kari Kuzhambu for 2 whistles and turn off the flame.
Allow the pressure to release naturally, then open the cooker. Check the salt and seasonings and adjust according to taste. Transfer the Kothu Kari Kuzhambu to a serving bowl and serve hot.