Masala Ulundu Vadai Recipe
Masala Ulundu Vadai is a South Indian urad dal fritter recipe, that makes for a great South Indian breakfast or can also be had as a snack during evening tea. It is quite simple to prepare and tastes delicious.
Other South Indian Breakfast recipes that you can try are:
- 1 cup White Urad Dal (Whole)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 10 Shallots , finely chopped
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
- 2 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 3 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns , coarsely pounded
- Sunflower Oil , for deep frying
How to make Masala Ulundu Vadai Recipe
To begin making the Masala Ulundu Vadai Recipe, soak the urad dal vada in warm water for about 2 hours. Once the dal is well soaked, drain the water and grind it along with a bit a salt into a smooth batter.
Transfer the ground urad dal batter into a large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients except the oil for deep frying. Stir well to combine the ulundu vada batter, check the salt and adjust accordingly.
Heat oil for deep frying in a pan. Once the oil is heated, drop spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and deep fry on medium heat until well browned and crisp.
Once done, drain the oil and place on paper towels to absorb the excess oils.
Proceed the same way to make the masala ulundu vada and serve warm.