Mooli And Moong Dal Sabji Recipe
Mooli (Radish) and Moong Dal Sabji is a simple stir fry and makes a perfect side dish along with rotis or rice. You can also pack it for your Lunch Box along with Parathas.
Mooli (Radish) and Moong Dal Sabji is a simple stir fry and makes a perfect side dish along with rotis or rice. Instead of discarding radish greens use them (fresh) along with the root to enhance the taste as well as health benefits. It is equally delicious when cold and hence also makes for a good lunch box meal with roti.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Radish Recipes that you can make for your Everyday Meals:
- 2 Mooli/ Mullangi (Radish) , peeled and grated coarsely
- Mooli Ke Patte (Radish Greens) , chopped (handful)
- 1/2 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split) , soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 4 cloves Garlic , sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 4 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar , (optional)
- Salt , as required
How to make Mooli And Moong Dal Sabji Recipe
To begin making the Mooli and Moong Dal Sabji Recipe, firstly heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
Add the mustard seeds and once they splutter, add the cumin seeds. Let it cook for 30 seconds.
After 30 seconds, add garlic, asafoetida, turmeric powder, green chillies and saute for a few seconds. Drain, add the moong dal and stir.
Cook covered for 2-3 minutes till the dal is almost cooked. Add a tablespoon of water if required.
Add the radish and greens. Add salt, sugar, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes till the radish softens a bit. Do not overcook. It is ready to be served.