Moong Dal Cheela Recipe (Cheela Stuffed with Paneer)
Paneer Cheela recipe makes a delicious appetizer for the parties, a breakfast or even as a school lunch box. The cheela's are made with moong lentils and filled with cottage cheese/paneer is rich in proteins and vitamins making is a healthy snack or meal for both adults and kids.
Serve Moong Dal Cheela along with Tomato Onion Chutney for breakfast or pack it in kids snack box.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Appetiser recipes such as
Ingredients for the batter
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
- 1/2 cup White Urad Dal (Whole)
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Coriander leaves (Dhania) , finely chopped Ingredients for the Filling
- 1 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , Grated
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder , for seasoning
- Salt , to taste
- Coriander leaves (Dhania) , finely chopped
Directions for Moong Dal Cheela Recipe (Cheela Stuffed with Paneer)
To begin making the Moong Dal Cheela Recipe, soak the moong dal and urad dal together for at least 6 hours/overnight
Grind moong dal along with green chilies and ginger into a smooth batter adding just enough water to grind the dal. The consistency of the batter should be that of a pancake (do not add to much water)
Combine all the ingredients for the paneer filling mixture. Keep aside.
Heat a skillet and pour a ladle full of batter in circular fashion from center going outwards making a diameter approximately 6 inch.
Drizzle oil/ghee around the spread batter. Allow the moong dal cheela to cook to medium heat. You will notice brown spots appearing inside and around the sides. Let it get crisp and then flip and cook for a about a minute.
Remove from the skillet, place it on a platter with the bottom side facing down. Fill about scoop of paneer filling along center diameter of cheela and fold it lengthwise tightly. Cut the roll diagonally into 2 or three pieces and sprinkle more chaat masala on the top.
Serve Moong Dal Chilla along with Tomato Onion Chutney for breakfast or pack it in kids snack box.