High Protein Moong Dal Cheela Recipe With Stuffed Paneer
Give this High Protein Moong Dal Cheela Recipe a try which is stuffed with crumbled Paneer making it a great breakfast, a lunch box or even an indian appetizer for parties.
The High Protein Moong Dal Cheela Recipe With Stuffed Paneer recipe makes a delicious appetizer for the parties, a breakfast or even as a school lunch box. The cheela's are made with yellow moong dal and filled with cottage cheese/paneer is rich in proteins and vitamins making it a healthy snack or meal for both adults and kids.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Appetizer recipes such as
Ingredients for the batter
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
- 1/2 cup White Urad Dal (Whole)
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped Ingredients for the Filling
- 1 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , Grated
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder , for seasoning
- Salt , to taste
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make High Protein Moong Dal Cheela Recipe With Stuffed Paneer
To begin making the Moong Dal Cheela Recipe, soak the moong dal and urad dal together for at least 6 hours/overnight.
Grind moong dal along with green chilies and ginger into a smooth batter adding just enough water to grind the dal. The consistency of the batter should be that of a pancake (do not add too much water).
Combine all the ingredients for the paneer filling mixture. Keep aside.
Heat a skillet and pour a ladle full of moong dal cheela batter in circular fashion from center going outwards making a diameter approximately 6 inch.
Drizzle oil/ghee around the spread cheela batter. Allow the moong dal cheela to cook to medium heat. You will notice brown spots appearing inside and around the sides. Let it get crisp and then flip and cook the cheela for a about a minute.
Remove from the moong dal cheela from the skillet, place it on a platter with the bottom side facing down. Fill about scoop of paneer filling along center diameter of cheela and fold it lengthwise tightly. Cut the roll diagonally into 2 or three pieces and sprinkle more chaat masala on the top.
Serve Moong Dal Cheela along with Tomato Onion Chutney for Indian breakfast or pack it in kids snack box.