Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower And Almond Soup Recipe
Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower And Almond Soup is buttery and creamy soup perfect for cold days. With olive oil, jalapenos, green chilli paste and scallions, this rich Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower And Almond Soup Recipe is great to have as a light dinner with a salad or along with a crusty bread like gambang.
If you like this recipe, here are more exotic soup recipes to try
- 1-1/2 cups Cauliflower (gobi) , florets
- 1/4 cup Badam (Almond)
- 1/4 cup Onions , roughly chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 2 Pickled Jalapenos , slit, or 2 green chillies
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt , to taste For garnishing:
- 4 Badam (Almond) , slivered or chopped (optional)
- 2 Spring Onion Greens , chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilli Paste
How to make Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower And Almond Soup Recipe
To prepare Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower And Almond Soup Recipe, in a pressure cooker, heat olive oil and add garlic, onions, almonds and cauliflower florets along with jalapenos (or chillies if using) and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes on medium low heat.
Add the spice powders (coriander, cumin and cinnamon) along with the chili paste and fry again for about a minute.
Add about 1 to 1-1/2 cups of water in the pressure cooker and close the lid. Cook on high for about 2 whistles.
If using a saucepan, cook, covered for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
Once cooked, drain the soup into a pot over a colander.
Remove the slit jalapenos and blend the cooked vegetables in a blender to a smooth paste.
Add the blended vegetables to the drained liquid and mix well. Add more water if necessary to get the consistency you want.
Add salt to taste. Bring to a boil in a saucepan and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve garnished with almonds, scallion greens or coriander leaves/cilantro and a drizzle of chili paste.
Aromatic and exotic Moroccan spiced cauliflower and almond soup recipe is ready to be served with a crusty bread like gambang.