Pack this as a lunch box, for both kids and adults, as this meal tastes great at room temperature. Adding soothing, cooling elements like a raita, lemonade, and a salad during the summer season makes the lunch refreshing.
For children keep the lunch boxes simple with simply the pulao and raita or simply dahi. You can also pack in a roasted papad to add some crunch into the kids lunch box.
A healthy rice preparation, this Chana Dal Pulao Recipe is a great combination of dal and rice put together in thee form of a pulao.
Made delicious with the addition of simple masalas, this pulao can be served for lunch or dinner or pack it in a lunch box like we have.
Try our other Rice Recipes:
A soothing accompaniment to a masaledar pulao recipe, this Coriander tadka raita is a refreshing with the added goodness of fresh coriander leaves and mint leaves with a lovely tadka of cumin seeds and crushed garlic.
Try our other Raita recipes:
- Onion Raita Recipe - Pyaz Ka Raita Recipe
- Carrot Tadka Raita Recipe- Crunchy Grated Carrot In Yogurt
- Khajur And Pakora Raita Recipe - Dates Pakora Raita
A fresh salad made with carrots, radish and peanuts, this healthy combination makes for a great addition to a meal. Dressed with simple lemon juice, and salt, you must add a salad to your meal each day along with every meal.
Try our other Salad recipes:
- Chickpea Salad Recipe With Tamarind Dressing
- Rajma and Corn Salad Recipe
- Kachumber Salad Recipe With Cucumber, Onion & Tomatoes
A cooling drink, as a side to this meal or lunch box is a great way to finish. This Masala Lemonade is a simple lemon juice with flavoured with mint and ginger.
Try our other coolers:
- Spiced Butter Milk With Coriander And Ginger Recipe
- Aam Pudina Ka Panna Recipe
- Refreshing Mint Lassi Recipe