Peas, Corn & Paneer Savory Hand Pies Recipe
Delicately hand made pies that are filled with these wonderful ingredients like corns, peas and paneer.
These delectable hand pies are a great accompaniment with high Tea or even for school lunchbox. They are packed with healthy dose of vitamins, calcium, and minerals using a combination of peas, corn, and paneer which is so essential for growing kids.
If you like this recipe, explore more party appetizers recipe:
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar) , boiled
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn , boiled
- 1/2 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , finely grated
- 1/2 inch Ginger , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 All Purpose Pie Crust Spices (adjust as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 teaspoon Green Chutney (Coriander & Mint) , (4 sprig Coriander Leaves + 2 Green Chillies)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
How to make Peas, Corn & Paneer Savory Hand Pies Recipe
To prepare Peas, Corn & Paneer Savory Hand Pies Recipe, get prep with all the ingredients including boiling corn, peas, chopping ginger and grating paneer.
Wrap the pie dough in a cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat oil in Skillet. Add cumin seeds when heated as well as hing.
Add the ground peas and corn mixture and sauté till the mixture is dry on medium heat stirring at intervals.
Add red chili powder, coriander powder, fennel seed powder, garam masala powder, Amchur, salt and black pepper.
Add paneer and stir fry to mix well. Switch off gas and let mixture cool down.
*To Bake Peas, Corn & Paneer Savory Hand Pies
Roll the dough between two parchment paper sheets.
Cut into disc shapes of same size. Stuff with filling leaving the edges clean. Apply water to the edges and cover with another piece of circular rolled dough. Seal edges with fork dipped in flour.
Give a cross cut in center and Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes rotating tray mid-way through baking. (Baking time depends on temperature of oven as it often varies from oven to oven). Keep a watch over them to prevent over browning.
If the dough starts loosening up while rolling it, refrigerate for half an hour till it hardens back.
Serve these nutritious and veggie filled Peas, Corn & Paneer Savory Hand Pies Recipe with Low Fat Vegetable Dip Recipe with Herbs and Spinach Dates & Banana Smoothie Recipeduring evenings after work or school.