Here's a comforting and delicious Portion Control Meal Plate which includes some delicious and inviting South Indian recipes like Kuvale Sasam, Padpe Uppukari, Pachai Payaru Poriyal, Steamed Rice And a bowl of Curd. This is a perfect meal plate for your weekday Lunch or Dinner as it is easy to make and tastes delicious.
Kuvale Sasam, a Konkani style Ash Gourd curry which will surely satisfy your taste buds as it is flavoured with coconut and dry red chillies. Ash Gourd is considered good for diabetic people and also helps to bring down your acidity problems. Along with Ash Gourd curry, we have served Padpe Uppukari and Pachai Payaru Poriyal. While the greens are rich in Iron, Moong sprouts is rich in protein, both providing you the necessary nutrients for the day.
To end the meal, we have Steamed Rice and a bowl of Curd. Curd helps you in digestion and is also good to have in summers along with your meal.
Tips to follow for Portion Control Meal:
- Eat in portions and eat slowly, it will helps you to eat less than your regular meals.
- If you want to avoid rice, add your favourite salad in this meal. You can also add 1 phulka instead of steamed rice.
Below are the quantities we have used for a complete portion control meal. You can use these suggestions based on your dietary requirements.
Total Calories: 330 Calories
- Kuvale Sasam - 1/2 Katori
- Padpe Uppukari - 1/2 Katori
- Pachai Payaru Poriyal - 1/2 Katori
- Steamed Rice - 1/2 Katori
- Curd - 1 Katori
- Salad - 1 Katori
Kuvale Sasam Recipe is a Konkani style Ash Gourd Curry which is flavoured with coconut, red chillies and mustard seeds that adds sharpness to the dish. This is a delicious dish that goes really well along with Steamed Rice and is perfect for your everyday meals.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Konkani Recipes such as:
- Konkani Style Vali Bendi Recipe-Malabar Spinach Curry
- Konkani Style Cabbage Sanna Polo Recipe
- Savory Cabbage Dosakonkani Style Vaingana Kaap Recipe
Padpe Uppukari Harive Soppu Palya Recipe is a lovely South Indian style Spinach stir fry. The flavours are simple and well balanced. It is made like every Mangalorean household makes it with the addition of coconut. Make this simple stir fry along with your South Indian meal and enjoy every bit of it.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Palya Recipes such as
- Menthya Soppu Hesaru Kaalu Palya Recipe
- Karnataka Style Badanekayi Palya Recipe
- Udupi Style Southekayi Palya Recipe
Pachai Payaru Poriyal Recipe is a South Indian style sprouted green moong sabzi where it is stir fried with mustard seed and curry leaves. It is made Satvick style as onion and garlic is not used in this sabzi.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Moong Sprout Recipes:
- Mixed Sprouts Sabzi Recipe
- Chatpata Aloo Moong Sprouts Recipe With Buttered Pav Buns
- Sprouted Mung Bean and Spinach Soup Recipe
To finish this meal, we have steamed rice which goes perfect with all this dishes.
A plain curd will always help to refresh your palate when you add them to your everyday meals. It is rich in probiotics and antioxidants that is quite necessary for body. It is also rich in calcium and very good for the bones.
If you are looking for raita recipes here are some :
- Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita Recipe
- Mooli Raita Recipe (Spiced Yogurt Salad with Radish)
- Cauliflower & Cucumber Raita Recipe (Cauliflower Yogurt Salad)