Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe | Paneer Makhani Recipe
Punjabi Style Paneer Butter Masala is tender chunks of paneer cooked in a delicious creamy tomato gravy. Perfect restaurant style paneer butter masala recipe to dunk your kulchas and naan.
Paneer Butter Masala also known as Paneer Makahani is a classic all time favorite dish of the North Indian Cuisine. In this recipe the Paneer, the Indian Cottage cheese is simmer in creamy tomato based gravy. Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular vegetarian dish in the menu of restaurants in the Northern province.
Did you know: Perhaps common knowledge by now about paneer is a good source of protein especially for vegetarians who do not get their intake from meat products. Cottage cheese contains all the essential amino acids needed for it to qualify as a complete protein. Eat cottage cheese, and you'll boost your intake of calcium and selenium. A single serving of either full-fat or low-fat cottage cheese provides all the selenium you need in a day. Know more
Here are a few more Indian restaurant Style delicacies to try
- 200 gram Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cut into cubes To Be Ground to Puree
- 4 Tomatoes , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cashew nuts Butter Masala Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Salted)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 2 tablespoons Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Salted)
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh cream
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , a small bunch, chopped
How to make Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe | Paneer Makhani Recipe
To begin making the Paneer Butter Masala, first prep all the ingredients and keep them ready.
Soak the cashewnuts in hot water for 10 minutes. Into a mixer first make a puree of tomatoes and the soaked cashewnuts and blend to make a smooth puree. Keep this aside.
Heat the butter in a kadai over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle. Add the onion, ginger garlic and green chilliyes and saute over medium heat till it is light golden in color and the onions have softened. At this stage you can optionally cool this and make a puree and add it back to the same kadai.
Add the kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, cardamom powder and give it a stir for a few seconds.
Next and the tomato cashew puree, cream, paneer and kasuri methi, sugar and salt to taste. Add water and simmer for about 10 minutes. As the masala gets cooked it will change color to bright orange-red.
Once done, give the Paneer Butter Masala a taste and add more salt or chilli if required. Stir in the coriander leaves and serve hot.Serve Paneer Butter Masala/paneer Makhani hot with Naan, Kulchas or Tawa Paratha for the Punjabi style dinner.