Semolina Vegetable Chilla Recipe
Semolina Vegetable Chila is a perfect way to feed vegetables to your kids. It’s a little time consuming but it’s worth it.
Semolina Vegetable Chila is a perfect way to feed vegetables to your kids. It is a little time consuming but it’s worth it. Not only it’s tasty but is really healthy also. And the best part is that it’s almost oil free. You can also make this chila for your breakfast and can pack it for your lunch too.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Chila recipes such as
- 1-1/2 cup Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
- 1/4 cup Raw papaya , grated
- 1/4 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , grated
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , grated
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make Semolina Vegetable Chilla Recipe
To begin making the Semolina Vegetable Chila recipe, In a bowl, make a batter of semolina, curd, and water by mixing them together. Add Wheat flour too. The consistency of the batter should not be runny, neither it should be too thick. Let the batter rest for at least 20-25 minutes.
Now in the mixture add all the vegetables, salt and pepper. If after adding vegetables the batter becomes thick then add a little water or curd.
Now take a non-stick pan and put it on low medium flame.Brush it with little olive oil. Once the pan is hot, pour a big ladle of mixture and spread it evenly on the pan. It should be thin like a pancake.
Put the lid on and let the chila gets cooked in steam on low flame for 5-7 minutes. Once a while flip the chila, so that both sides get cooked evenly and yellowish golden in colour. Make rest of the chilas in a similar way.