Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe - Wholesome Sindhi Dal With Vegetables
The Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe is a high protein sindhi dal recipe that is packed with flavors from the fresh vegetables, spinach and dal all cooked together with spices to make a delicious one pot meal.
A traditional Sindhi recipe - the Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe, is a healthy yet delicious one pot dish, that is popular in almost all Sindhi households. A wholesome dish that's packed with lentils, greens and a pot load of other seasonal vegetables.
A nutritious and a balanced meal, it is cooked to perfection with just the right amount of spice and tempered with ghee and garlic. This dish can be had as a meal in itself or served with phulkas or rice.
The Sai Bhaji in itself makes a wholesome diabetic meal on its own and you can serve it optionally along with Bhakri for a diabetic lunch or dinner. The addition of Spinach, Methi, Vegetables and all the dals, makes it a fibre rich and protein rich meal for diabetes.
'Sai" in Sindhi means 'green' and 'bhaji' like we all know means vegetables.
If you like this recipe of Sindhi Sai Bhaji, here are some more Sindhi recipes:
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak) , finely chopped
- 1 cup Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Dill leaves , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal) , washed and soaked
- 1/4 cup Green Moong Dal (Split) , washed and soaked
- 1/2 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Bottle gourd (lauki) , finely chopped
- 2 Onions , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 Mango (Raw) , finely chopped (optional)
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Powder To Temper
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
How to make Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe - Wholesome Sindhi Dal With Vegetables
To begin making the Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe, wash and soak the chana dal and split green moong dal for about 30 minutes.
Wash and chop all the required vegetable and greens for the Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe.
In a pressure cooker, heat oil on medium flame, start by adding the onions, saute for a couple of minutes.
Next add the ginger and green chili. Saute for a couple of minutes.
Once the onions & ginger-green chili are sauteed well, add all the vegetables- carrot, beans, brinjal, bottle gourd, and tomatoes. Saute these vegetables for a few minutes.
At this stage add the chana dal, green moong dal and the coriander powder, haldi and salt.
Finally add the chopped greens - palak and methi and mix well. Add 2 cups water, close the lid and pressure cook the Sindhi Sai Bhaji for 4 to 5 whistles until the dal is cooked through.
Allow the pressure to release naturally. Open the lid and mash the SAi bhaji using a potato masher to bring it to a mushy consistency.
To temper the Sindhi Sai bhaji, in a tadka pan, heat ghee on medium - add garlic and allow it to turn golden brown, then add the red chili and turn off the flame.
Add this tadka to the Sai Bhaji. Your Sindhi Style Sai Bhaji is ready to be served.
Serve this Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe with Sindhi Koki (Sindhi Style Flaky Flatbread With Onions) and Sindhi Bhuga Chawal Recipe and Lauki Raita Recipe for a complete Sindhi Rasoi-meal.
- High Protein Vegetarian Diet Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Indian Lunch Recipes
- Spinach Recipes (Palak/Keerai)
- Healthy Recipes
- Diwali Recipes
- Indian Vegetarian Recipes
- Indian Diabetic Recipes
- One Dish Recipes
- Methi Recipes (Fenugreek)
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
- Brinjal Recipes (Eggplant / Baingan)
- Sindhi Cuisine Recipes
- Chana Dal Recipes (Bengal Gram Dal)
- Dal recipes
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana's Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.