Sprouted Moong Chaat Recipe
Sprouted Moong Chaat Recipe is a healthy snack option made with sprouted moong, onions, tomatoes and sweet and spicy chutney. Serve Pack Sprouted Moong Chaat as a snack box for office or serve as an appetizer for a party.
Sprouted Moong Chaat is a healthy and tasty snack made using nutritious Moong sprouts. This is a fun way to include sprouts in your diet. The recipe is very versatile and you can change or adjust the ingredients according to availability and taste. You can add sweet corn to the chaat too. The Date and both the chutneys add the quintessential tangy-sweet-spicy taste to this chaat. These chutneys can be made in advance and refrigerated.
Serve Sprouted Moong Chaat as a tea time snack with hot Masala Chai or for your next Chaat potluck party with Spicy & Tangy Pakodi Chaat and Palak Patta Chaat.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Chaat recipes such as
Ingredients For Moong Sprouts
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 sprig Curry leaves , finely chopped
- 2 cups Green Moong Sprouts
- 2 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina) , Salt to taste
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Juice from one lemon
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped Ingredients for Pudina Chutney
- 1 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 1 Green Chilli , roughly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , roughly chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Whole Almonds (Badam)
- 1/2 Lemon , Juice squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Jaggery
- Salt , to taste Ingredients for Salad Garnish
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Pomegranate Fruit Kernels
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- Chaat Masala Powder , for sprinkling
How to make Sprouted Moong Chaat Recipe
To begin making the moong sprout chaat, first prepare all the ingredients and keep them handy.
For the moong sprouts, heat a teaspoon of oil Into a preheated pan; add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow it to crackled.
Once crackled, add ginger, curry leaves, green chillies and turmeric powder. Give it a stir for a few seconds
Add the sprouted green moong dal, salt to taste and 2 to 3 tablespoons of water.
Cover the pan and allow the green moong sprouts to get softened just a bit. You want the sprouts to get soft, yet hold its shape and not become mushy.
Once done, squeeze the juice from one lemon, stir in chopped coriander leaves and keep aside.
For the pudina chutney, into a blender add the mint leaves, green chillies, ginger, garlic, almonds, salt, jaggery and juice from one lemon. Add 1/4 cup of water and blend to make a smooth pudina chutney. Keep aside.
To assemble the chaat, spoon 1/2 cup of moong sprouts into individual serving bowls, drizzle the pudina chutney, garnish with onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves & finally sprinkle a little chaat masala on the top & serve immediately.
Serve Sprouted Moong Chaat as a tea time snack with hot Masala Chai or for your next Chaat potluck party with Spicy & Tangy Pakodi Chaat.