Sundaikkai Godumai Rava Upma Recipe
A broken wheat upma made with the added goodness of turkey berries, known as Sundaikkai. This Sundaikkai Godumai Rava Upma Recipe is a healthy option of diabetics as well.
Sundaikkai Godumai Rava Upma Recipe is a simple broken wheat upma which is made with Sundaikkai.
Sundaikkai or Turkey berries are very good for health particularly very good for blood sugar control.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Upma Recipes, that you can make for your everyday breakfast:
- 1/2 cup Turkey berry , (sundaikkai)
- 1 cup Broken Wheat (Dalia/ Godumai Rava)
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 3 Dry Red Chillies , (or green chillies)
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 2 teaspoons Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 1 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
How to make Sundaikkai Godumai Rava Upma Recipe
To begin making the Sundaikkai Godumai Rava Upma Recipe, heat a pressure cooker on medium flame, add oil, mustard seeds and allow the them to splutter, then add hing, peanuts, bengal gram, methi seeds, cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
Once it sizzles, add the dry red chilies, ginger and curry leaves. Once the curry leaves crackle, add turkey berries or sundaikkai and fry until they are cooked but at the same time a bit crunchy. This will take about a minute and half.
Add 2 cups of water, turmeric powder and salt. Allow it to boil.
When it starts to boil, add the broken wheat slowly and stir it for 1 minute so that no lumps are formed.
Close the pressure cooker and allow it to give 3 whistles.
Switch off the flame and open the cooker only once the pressure releases naturally. Mix them once and garnish with coriander leaves.