Tawa Paneer Masala Recipe
Tawa Paneer Masala Recipe is a Punjabi dish which is usually cooked on Tawa or a frying pan! Cooking in a tawa gives a unique flavor and consistency to the dish. A semi dry gravy of paneer cooked in tomato gravy with spices and fresh cream, this masala features an aromatic array of flavors. They are great for chapatis/roti. Serve paneer Tawa masala with hot Rotis or Phulkas and raitha of your choice!
Here are a few other interesting paneer recipes worth trying
The contest is in association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
- 3 cups Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cubes
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- Cooking oil , to cook
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/2 cup Onions , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Garlic , paste
- 1 teaspoon Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds) , roasted
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
How to make Tawa Paneer Masala Recipe
To start making Tawa Paneer Masala Recipe, first get all the ingredients handy.
Marinate paneer with turmeric, chili powder, fenugreek leaves and salt in a bowl. Leave for 20 minutes.
Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry paneer on both the sides for 2-3 minutes, flipping often. Set aside fried paneer.
Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and carom seeds. Sauté them for few seconds on medium heat.
Add onions and sauté them for 2-3 minutes.
Add garlic paste, chilies, and coriander powder and mix them well.
Add the tomato pulp, caraway seeds and cook in medium flame for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Once the gravy thickens, add paneer, fresh cream, garam masala and combine them well. Adjust spices and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
Karthika Gopalakrishnan is a software Engineer by Profession. Being a foodie from childhood, she loves to immerse herself in the aroma of spices and their delicacies. According to her, cooking is a therapy which unwinds the hassles and bustles of a day. As said, the easiest way to enter into the heart of a person is through his food, she loves to bring a unique flavor of every recipe with right composition of spices and love.