Vegetarian Thai Green Curry With Tofu Recipe
Vegetarian Thai Green Curry With Tofu Recipe is essentially a medley of vegetables in a creamy coconut curry with a signature flavour of Thai green curry paste.
Vegetarian Thai Green Curry With Tofu is a classic Thai dish. It is mostly made with Chicken however vegetarians can substitute chicken with tofu. It is a curry with vegetables in a coconut base with a signature Thai green curry paste. This dish is very high in fiber content, vitamins and minerals from the different types of vegetables.
Adding tofu boosts the protein content and serving with brown rice or quinoa further increases the fiber content keeping you fuller longer. This is a great recipe for those trying to eat low glycemic index foods.
If you like this recipe of Thai Green Curry with Tofu , you can also try other Thai curry recipes such as
- 1 cup Onion , sliced thin and long
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , cut into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , cut into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup Broccoli , cut into small flowerets
- 1 cup Green beans (French Beans) , edges trimmed, cut into 1 inch
- 2 Bok Choy , chopped
- 1 Carrots (Gajjar) , cut in round pieces approximately 1/8” thick
- 1/2 cup Baby corn , cut into approximately 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Sugar snap peas
- 200 grams Tofu , cut into 1” squares and lightly fried
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar (Demerara Sugar) , (jaggery)
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil For garnish
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 2 Lemon , quartered
- 1 tablespoon Thai Green Curry paste
- 800 ml Coconut milk
How to make Vegetarian Thai Green Curry With Tofu Recipe
To begin making the Vegetarian Thai Green Curry With Tofu Cut all vegetables as specified in the ingredients list. except onions.
Steam all the other vegetables with a light salt. I usually pop in all the vegetables in a microwaveable bowl and microwave them for 2 to 3 minutes until they are a little soft tossing them midway to evenly cook them.
You can also boil these in hot water for about 5 minutes with a little salt. Take care to not overcook the vegetables as it will be nice to have a little crunch to the vegetables.
Once done remove and drain out any excess water and save the water.
In a pan add a teaspoon of oil and pan fry the cut tofu pieces until they are slightly brown. Keep aside.
Heat a large wok, add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil and sauté the onions till they are light brown.
Now add 3 tablespoons of the Thai green curry paste and cook for about 2-3 minutes till the paste gets cooked and the aromas are released.
Next add the 800 ml of coconut milk, soy sauce and brown sugar (or jaggery).
Let the entire sauce / gravy come to a boil. Taste the sauce. It should be spicy (from the Thai green curry paste), sweet (Coconut milk and brown sugar) and have the sufficient amount of salt (soy sauce and salt).
Feel free to add more of an ingredient to get it to your taste.
Add the pre cooked vegetables and the fried tofu to the sauce.
Garnish with chopped cilantro. It will look gorgeous! You can also optionally sprinkle some roasted peanuts (roasted, deskinned and crushed) to get a crunchy texture to the food.
Serve Vegetarian Thai Green Curry With Tofu along with Steamed Rice for a perfect weeknight dinner and a Thai Green Papaya Salad Recipe by the side.
Vegetarian Thai Green Curry With Tofu Recipe is part of the The East Asian Recipe Contest With FreshMenu