Vendakkai Varuval Recipe - Tamil Nadu Style Okra Stir Fry
Crispy fried ladies finger that is coated with gram flour, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. You can also pack it for your Lunch Box.
Vendakkai Varuval Recipe is a Tamil Nadu style favorite side dish. It is usually a poriyal that is made using onions and tomatoes but in this recipe we have created a twist by mixing the masala into the ladies finger and then shallow frying them to give it a bit crunchy and crispy texture.
Ladies finger is the most used vegetable in Tamil Nadu Style Cooking, where they use in Sambar, Mor Kuzhambu, and even Rasam. The vegetable is rich in fiber, vitamin C and potassium and it is advised to include it into your everyday diet.
If you are looking for more Ladies Finger Recipes, here are some:
- Bendekaayi Gojju (Lady Finger In Coconut Curry) Recipe
- Andhra Style Vendakaya Charu Recipe
- Udupi Style Bende Kayi Palya Recipe
- 500 grams Bhindi (Lady Finger/Okra) , cut into one inch pieces
- 3 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- Salt , to taste
- Sunflower Oil
How to make Vendakkai Varuval Recipe - Tamil Nadu Style Okra Stir Fry
To begin making the Vendakkai Varuval Recipe, chop the ladies finger and keep it in a bowl.
Into the same bowl, add all the masala powders including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and amchur powder along with besan and mix well.
Sprinkle some water so that it combines well. You need coat the masala evenly over all the pieces.
Heat a flat skillet with oil, enough to fry the ladies finger. Slowly add them into the hot oil and fry till they turn golden brown and crispy.
Skim the ladies finger onto a paper napkin and serve hot.