Here's a portion control plate which has a comforting tadkewali masoor dal served alongside some aloo karela sabzi, cabbage poriyal, phulka and dahi. Whole masoor dal is high in fiber and rice on protein, the tadka on top makes it absolutely delicious. The Karela Aloo Sabzi is a masaledar dry sabzi that goes perfectly well with the dal and to add more nutrition on our plate is the addition of cabbage poriyal.
Curd is a cooling element that brings in the calcium and phulka fill us in on the required carbs. Cabbage are a great source of Vitamin C and rich in antioxidants. It helps in building up the immune system and prevents common cold.
Tips : Instead of a plain phulka, you can add whole Wheat Millet Phulka, Jowar Phulkas to keep it diabetic friendly as well. You can also add a salad of your choice and include a bowl of Mixed Raita instead of plain curd to make this meal more nutritious, filling, and interesting.
Eating all of these nutrients in the right quantities is the key. This healthy meal is packed with nutrients, and eating the right amount of food is equally important. To eat slowly and mindfully with no distraction and concentrating on your plate should be your priority.
Read the Guidelines for Healthy Eating Using Portion Control to incorporate healthy eating habits into your everyday lifestyle.
1. Muttaikose Poriyal Recipe - Purple Cabbage Poriyal | Red Cabbage Sabzi
A simple South Indian cabbage preparation, this poriyal apart from having simple and subtle flavours, brings great nutrition to one's diet.
Try our other Poriyal Recipes:
- Radish Greens Poriyal Recipe
- Senai Kizhangu Poriyal Recipe-Yam Poriyal Recipe
- Dondakkai / Kovakkai Poriyal Recipe
2. Bihari Karela Aloo Sabzi Recipe
A chatpata sabzi, this Karela Aloo Sabzi, is mosty appreciated by the elders in the family. Made with the addition of onion-garlic that lends great flavour to this dish.
Try our other Dry Sabzi Recipes:
- Aloo Amritsari Recipe
- Himachali Bhey Recipe - Stir Fried Lotus Stem
- Mooli Gobhi Aur Methi Sabzi Recipe
3. Tadkewali Masoor Dal Recipe - High Protein Masoor Dal Recipe
A lip smacking dal, that;s my absolute favourite, this tadkewali masoor dal is all sorts of comfort food.
Try our other Dal Recipes:
- Dal Banjara Recipe - Langar Wali Dal
- Arhar Ki Dal with Lahsun Tadka
- Smoked Dal Makhani Recipe - Dhaba Style
4. Phulka Recipe (Roti/Chapati) - Puffed Indian Bread
5. How To Make Homemade Yogurt - Curd